April 21, 2013 § 4 Comments
April 18, 2013 § 2 Comments
The rules for this award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So here goes. BIG thanks to The Peckish Kiwi who nominated me for this award – and at the same time set me a subtle challenge to blog more (now, I’m just got to step up to that challenge!).
Now, for the 15 blogger/blogs that I would like to nominate for this award:
Seven things about me…
1. I have endless lists (on my phone, on my laptop, on paper) of books that I want to read one day.
2. The reason I started watching tennis (and the day I fell in love with the sport) was the Men’s Singles Final at Wimbledon, 2008. Yip that final between Nadal & Federer.
3. I can count to ten in Maori, Japanese, French and Italian.
4. I don’t speak Maori, Japanese, French or Italian.
5. If I won the lottery (big-money lottery, not £50) I would spend most of it on travelling around the world, ticking things off my bucket list.
6. Until two years ago I had never been to a concert before. Now I’ve been to, two.
7. I believe whole-heartedly that pineapple lumps, orange chocolate-chip icecream, Tim Tams, mint slices and sour-cream-and-chives chips are the best foods in the world. You should try them (not all together, that might be gross).
March 23, 2013 § 6 Comments
I recently went to a Hacks/Hackers event about ways of funding new, innovative news. While that may have been what the event was about, that wasn’t what I got out of it.
The first speaker, John Bracken who created the Knight Foundation, said that we should “fail early, fail often”.